Adventures of Jeremiah Security Officactor Extraordinaire

This is the life and times of a man who has the interesting life of being a husband,actor,and security officer rolled into one

Friday, March 31, 2006

Next Time on Rescue 911

Have you seen that old television reality series called "Rescue 911"? It was on when I was a teenager and ran from 1989-1996. It had William Shatner as the host and he would saw in his distinct voice " Next on Rescue (pause) 911" and talk about some 911 call which they would in turn re-enact on screen. It was good in it's day. Well yesterday I felt like I was part of the show when we had a real emergency situation happen at our beloved Amenity Inn motel. It all started about 5:15 pm when I got a phone call from Bruno our nice little mexican helper. He said "I think you should call 911 or an ambulance because I think this guy is dead". Well knowing how Bruno talks without thinking or checking first I said "Why do you think he is dead?". He said "Because he isn't breathing or moving at all" Well I asked him what room he was in and he said "206". So I go up the stairs to the second floor of our motel and walk to the room. Jerry,the owner, and Bruno were both in there and I saw the guy sprawled on his stomach on the floor. It alarmed me a bit and Jerry told me to call 911. Well I called 911 and told them the guy was not breathing and Bruno couldn't feel a pulse. The dispatcher asked me how he was laying down and she told me to turn him over on his back which I relayed to who was helping out. As the were trying to turn him over vomit came out of his mouth. We saw the Vodka bottle nearby and now realized what probably happened. As soon as the paramedics got there they immediately turned him on his back and I saw his face for the first time and it was dark purple and bloated. I had never seen anything like it in my life. The commenced doing CPR on the guy for like 15 minutes and must have gotten some pulse because he came out with one of those things on his finger on the stretcher. His face had regained color as well so that was a good sign although he still wasn't conscious. So that was a pretty scary experience. To close off the day Kelly and I watched Flightplan we rented from Netflix which was a pretty good movie

1 Comments:

At 10:46 AM, Blogger Wayne said...

Dude, Bro, You have the coolest stories I swear.... keep them coming!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home