Adventures of Jeremiah Security Officactor Extraordinaire

This is the life and times of a man who has the interesting life of being a husband,actor,and security officer rolled into one

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Extra Extra Read All About It





Okay,okay I am finally updating my blog. Anyways I have been an extra for films a few times now. The first one was for my friend Mike Collins who wasn't my friend at the time. The film was "Tragedy of Romance" in 1998 and it took place in the Cedar City area including on campus. The film is the story of a young man's struggle to find himself and find love for his abusive father. I played a student which wasn't that hard at all since I was a student. You can see me very well in a classroom scene. That was the first time I realized how long it took to film not only a movie but just a single scene. I had a lot of fun and eventually became best friends with the director.




The second time was an independent film titled "Number 9" for a director named Dustin"Spanky"Ward. Once again I got the work from my friend Mike. The scene I was an extra in was actually a newscast. I was a Sheriff's Deputy who found the body of a woman, a victim of one Ted Bundy who was a predominant serial killer who frequented the Salt lake area. It was also fun although I received many mosquito bites. That one took place in 2002.

Fast forward 6 years to my latest extra work. I got the work after a referral from my agent at the time at Broadway Film and Talent Management in Salt Lake. Not only was this a big time filming but I got paid for it as well. I played the role of an FBI agent for a TNT webisode series titled "Blank Slate". It stars Eric Stoltz ("Some Kind of Wonderful") Clancy Brown ("Shawshank Redemption") and Lisa Brenner ("The Patriot") and produced by Dean Devlin ("Independence Day"). I had a lot of fun with this one and meet Eric and Clancy who seem like pretty good guys. I haven't seen it because it hasn't aired yet but you will be able to see it according to this schedule on Tuesdays and Wednesdays between Law and Order next month



Tues – September 9 duringLAW & ORDER @ 8p & 9p2 Blank Slate episodes will run in 8p L&O (breaks 3 & 4); 3 will run in 9p L&O (breaks 2, 3 & 4)Wednesday – September 10LAW & ORDER @ 8p & 9p2 Blank Slate episodes will run in 8p L&O (breaks 3 & 4); 3 will run in 9p L&O (breaks 2, 3 & 4)Week of 9/15Tuesday, September 16LAW & ORDER @ 8p & 9p2 Blank Slate episodes will run in 8p L&O (breaks 3 & 4); 3 will run in 9p L&O (breaks 2, 3 & 4)Wednesday, September 17LAW & ORDER @ 8p & 9p2 Blank Slate episodes will run in 8p L&O (breaks 3 & 4); 3 will run in 9p L&O (breaks 2, 3 & 4)


Now we are to my latest extra work which was yesterday. The film is a feature length titled"National Lampoon's Legend of Awesomest Maximus". It seems like a parody of "Gladiator" and "Troy" along the same lines of "Meet the Spartans". Anyways I played a Greek soldier and had a kicka** costume. The location was at Antelope Island on the Great Salt Lake. I've added photos to show what the area is like. I mean this is a brutal location. My call time was 8 am so I had to leave home at about 6:30 am just to get up there. Well I got there and was told that I was going to be a Sicilian soldier which has a costume like this one. But then one of the film people (I don't know what he did for the film) came up to me and told me that myself and another guy were going to need to change over to Greek Soldiers so we could play two goofball type soldiers. I thought that was cool and the Greek costume looked better anyways. After changing I got sunblock slathered all over my head, arms, legs, neck etc and then bronzer was placed over that. Then after I had help with the costume people adjusting my outfit and putting my sandals and leggings on I headed over to get my sword and shield. We were out the sun for quite a while and it was cool having Ian Ziering (Beverly Hills 90210 "Steve") say "Don't worry guys I have your back" and him running right by me towards a gargantuan type guy named Ginormous. So being a featured extra I may be in the film. I was to open my eyes as wide as I could and the other guy crossed his eyes. The camera was focused right on me and it was so cool so much attention was being given to me. Well the day was going well till about 5 pm when I started to get dizzy. My feet were already hurting because of the sandals standing on a dry lakebed most of the day. Well I called it quits and walked back to the tent and started shaking badly. I ended up getting heat exhaustion for probably the 2nd time in my life and almost passed out. The medic on scene dumped bottles of water on me and put a cool rag on my neck to get my temp down. Luckily I was able to walk off the set instead of carried and drove home without any problems. It was an amazing day and next time I don't think I will do extra work like that in 90 degree plus weather on a dry sandy lakebed.
(Myself and Nate acting like the soldiers we should be)

(What our shields and swords looked like)









(One of two chariots on set)

(Two actors from the film.One is Will Sasso (MAD TV), the big one plays Ginormous,the guy in the middle is an extra)

2 Comments:

At 5:48 PM, Blogger Tony Hii said...

Hello, you have a nice blog.

 
At 4:41 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

That is cool that you have bene in so many things. Kudos to you. Dad was telling me the other day about how you were in that TNT webisode thingy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home